Consultant – Final Project Evaluation
The International Press Centre (IPC) hereby calls for expression of interest by suitably qualified Consultants for the evaluation of activities carried out by IPC under component 4b: Support to Media of the European Union Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Project which ran from December 9, 2017-April 8, 2022.
Deliverables: (Tasks of the engagement)
Pursuant to the achievement of the objectives and goals, a consultant or team of consultants shall conduct an evaluation of all programmatic activities carried out by IPC in the course of project implementation in line with the goals and objectives outlined for the project. The evaluator shall provide an independent analysis/assessment of IPC activity implementation process in relation to the following:
- Strategies deployed for activity implementation;
- Outputs generated by project activities;
- Level of milestones attained;
- Specific/general impacts on target groups/audience;
- Overall progress on achievement of results;
- Sustainability of the project’s results;
- Level of adequacy of organisational/managerial capacities
- Provide feedback on gaps (if any) on the procedure adopted in implementing the project activities;
- Suggest strategies to IPC on project management and execution methodologies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project.
- Recommend best practices that could be adopted in improving the general implementation strategies towards meeting outlined objectives.
- Recommend other necessary indicators and monitoring strategy (as may be applicable) for optimal results of the project;
- Commit to assist the project personnel in the continuous coordination of the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use, as may be applicable.
- Provide draft and final narrative report that addresses (i) & (xii) above.
The task of the consultancy is expected to be executed within a period of 4-6 weeks.
Qualified consultant(s) are required to send in a letter of interest stating requisite experience and applicable references in handling similar tasks.
The application, which should include an indicative sum as consultancy fee should be sent to the IPC Assessment Committee on/before Monday April, 18 2022.
Interested consultant(s) should be ready to work with other consultants as may be deemed suitable to meeting the objectives.
The final decision of the assessment team/procurement committee shall be based on cost effectiveness, proof of past work, capacity for job excecution and available budget.
The decision of the Assessment Committee shall be based on the highlighted criteria.
IPC Assessment Committee.
11 Dideolu Court, Dideolu Estate, Ogba, Lagos.
April 4, 2022