Consultant – Final project Evaluation
The International Press Centre (IPC) hereby calls for expression of interest by suitably qualified Consultants for the evaluation of activities carried out by IPC under component 4b: Support to Media of the European Union Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Project which ran from 2018-2022.
Deliverables: (Tasks of the engagement)
Pursuant to the achievement of the objectives and goals, a consultant or team of consultants shall conduct an evaluation of all programmatic activities carried out by IPC in the course of project implementation in line with the goals and objectives outlined for the project. The evaluator shall provide an independent analysis/assessment of IPC activity implementation process in relation to the following:
- Strategies deployed for activity implementation;
- Outputs generated by project activities;
- Level of milestones attained;
- Specific/general impacts on target groups/audience;
- Overall progress on achievement of results;
- Sustainability of the project’s results;
- Level of adequacy of organisational/managerial capacities
- Feedback on gaps (if any) on the procedure adopted in implementing the project activities;
- Recommendation on strategies by IPC for improvement on future project management and execution methodologies to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and meet set objectives;
- Recommendation of other necessary indicators and monitoring strategy (as may be applicable) for optimal results of future project;
- Recommendation and offer of support on effective use of M&E tools by project personnel, as may be applicable.
- Provide draft and final narrative report that addresses (i) to (xi) above.
The task of the consultancy is expected to be executed within a period of 4-6 weeks.
Qualified consultant(s) are required to send in a letter of interest stating requisite experience and applicable references in handling similar tasks to the following email: email@example.com on/before Friday, 8th April 2022. Interested consultant(s) should be ready to work with other consultants as may be deemed necessary for meeting the objectives.
The final decision of the assessment team/procurement committee shall be based on cost effectiveness, proof of past work, capacity for job execution and available budget. As may be expedient, one or more consultants may be engaged to work together.
IPC Assessment Committee.
March 25, 2022